6/52/2018: Coats of Arms and Mardi Gras Beads

Tuesday, February 13, 2018



Early last week John Paul got it into his head that we needed a coat of arms. Honestly, I'm not sure why it took him this long? He researched symbols in a book, picked his favorites, and spent most of the day using colored pens to color in the full shield after he was satisfied with his smaller prototype. Would markers, crayons, paint, or colored pencils have been faster than pens? Absolutely. Would those have kept him from fighting with his siblings for as long as pens? Not a chance.

I asked him for our motto and he thought for a moment... "To your good health!"

A bit lackluster, but the sentiment is nice.

After Cecilia's Mardi Gras-themed birthday party, the beads have been EVERYWHERE. Someone's always wearing them (particularly Edith), and there are frequent fights over who gets which color. I can't help but wonder how long it'll be before I just give up and throw them all in the trash... They *are* awfully cute wearing them, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan