My Sunday Best, Vol. 23: Harmonica-Style

Sunday, October 2, 2016

I don't know what I was thinking when it came to taking pictures this morning...


Actually, yes I do. I wanted to take those boots off but I knew if I didn't take a picture, I'd never put them back on to take a picture later!! This is my major struggle with outfit posts once cool weather comes along - it's so hard to motivate myself to wear *actual* shoes, especially when I'm large and in charge and don't want to bend over!

I woke up before dawn and went to the early Mass by myself. Truthfully, I've found I probably focus *better* with kids in tow, but they were all sleeping (even Andrew was still in bed when I left) and I wasn't going to risk waking the masses just to have company!

Of course, this required getting dressed in the dark. Which resulted in a dress that is very obviously too small, which is sad because I love it so much! It's just too thick a material to wear in the summer, and now I'm too pregnant to wear it... Actually, with leggings underneath it would probably be fine. We'll see if I decide to try it again. And you can't even really see the dress in the picture anyway!


Linkup entries have been few and far between these days - I'm never quite sure why, and I try not to take it personally! I know blogging on Sundays isn't everyone's favorite, which is why I keep the linkup open all week (and Monday entries generate just as many views as Sunday entries, in case you're worried that nobody will see your post if you post it late!). 

And once in a while somebody will write a blog post or facebook post about how caring about what you wear is frivolous and vain and contrary to being a good Christian (which always seems rather uncharitable to me, and I hope doesn't discourage you...). But hey, we're here to encourage one another, not to brag! So do give the linkup a try (and remember you can link your instagram posts up here as well) - I love reading your posts and seeing what you wore!



Your turn!

Post your outfit details & links or not, regale us all with your children's antics, reflect deeply on the readings, or just do a straight picture post - anything goes as long as you actually wore your outfit to church. The link-up is open until Friday, so you've got plenty of time to add your post!

Just a few ground rules before you link up:

1. Please include a photo of what you wore to church this week.

2. Please link back to this post in the body of your post, so your readers know where to find other posts (posts not mentioning "My Sunday Best" or not linking back to this post will be subject to removal).

3. Please visit some other posts in the link-up & leave a nice comment - this is all about affirming each other and building community, not just link dropping :)

4. Make sure the link you add is a link to your specific post or instagram picture (hashtag #mysundaybest and mention me in your caption, @rosiehill425 so I don't miss it!), not just your blog address.

5. Enjoy, and thanks for linking up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan