My Sunday Best, Vol. 7: Dog Days Already?

Sunday, June 12, 2016

It's only June, but... IT IS SO HOT! If I had realized just how brutal the weather would be, I wouldn't have turned off my alarm clock at 6. Trying to wrangle Peter in a stuffy church is no joke, and I'm fairly certain my exercise for the month was satisfied in that hour!

In other news, I can't find the camera charger... The battery is dead and I never remember where I put the charger - usually I find it pretty quickly, but the location eludes me still, so you get cell phone pictures this week.


Which means I couldn't use the tripod, which means the 6-year-old took a whole bunch of selfies before he took a picture of us!


We got a whole bunch of hand-me-downs from a woman at church this week, and Andrew and I sorted through them last night but didn't get the chance to put anything away. So the girls were ECSTATIC to come downstairs to see their "new" clothes, and insisted on wearing new dresses to Mass. I don't know what face Cecilia's making here... 

Meanwhile I'm trying to figure out what I actually enjoy wearing while pregnant - it's just so darned hot and humid and sticky, I don't want to wear ANY real clothes! This dress seemed like a good idea but it definitely doesn't breathe at all... I think I ended up giving away most of my maternity clothes or they got worn out after several pregnancies, so it's probably time to go shopping for some lightweight, summer-appropriate clothing. This baby's not due until the end of November, but summer weather can last through the end of October in Virginia!



Your turn!

Post your outfit details & links or not, regale us all with your children's antics, reflect deeply on the readings, or just do a straight picture post - anything goes as long as you actually wore your outfit to church. The link-up is open until Friday, so you've got plenty of time to add your post!

Just a few ground rules before you link up:

1. Please include a photo of what you wore to church this week.

2. Please link back to this post in the body of your post, so your readers know where to find other posts.

3. Please visit some other posts in the link-up & leave a nice comment - this is all about affirming each other and building community, not just link dropping :)

4. Make sure the link you add is a link to your specific post or instagram picture, not just your blog address.

5. Enjoy, and thanks for linking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan