7 Quick Takes: Chunky Legs, Awkward Dance Moves, and Epic Meltdowns

Friday, April 11, 2014

--1--


Can we just appreciate how absolutely adorable a toddler is, even from behind?  The chunky legs, the poofy skirt (puffed up more by a cloth diaper), wispy hair...  I'm so spoiled to have two of them at once!

--2--

And it's a good thing, because Cecilia is distinctly NOT a toddler anymore... 



She wanted me to take pictures of her dancing, and I'm just really confused by the hands behind the head...


She was trying so hard to do her "ballet" but it just doesn't work up on a bookshelf...  And makes it look like the hip pop is a little too purposeful!


Of course, this one was pretty impressive, if I do say so myself!

--3--

And no, those shorts in the picture above are not shorts that can be classified as "clothing" - they're intended to be layered under a skirt or dress so that she can flip or somersault to her heart's content without flashing everyone...  But she's convinced that if she pairs them with a similar t-shirt, it makes the outfit into a romper.  As long as she doesn't leave the house, I'm not arguing - I pick my battles.

And I really pick my battles these days, because this girl for whom 2 was a breeze is making up for it in spades now that she's 3...

"YOU CAN'T HOLD ME!  I'M NUFFIN' AND YOU CAN'T HOLD NUFFIN!!!"
"I WANT ALL DA DOORS IN DA HOUSE TO BWEAK SO DAT SQUIRRELS CAN GET IN!!!"
"DAT WOULD NEVER HELP!"
"I'LL KEEP DA POTTY CLOSED FOREVEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!"
"DAD, YOU DIMWIT!!!"
"NO DON'T CALL ME CECILIA!  I'M NOBODY!!!"
"NOBODY SAY ANYFING!!!  STOP TALKING!!!"

Not once has she thrown one of her epic tantrums over something that matters - she just seems to arbitrarily choose to be the grumpiest child on the planet and take it out on everybody...  But oh, her threats are so hilarious that I can't help but enjoy the tantrums, which I probably shouldn't do!

--4--

Despite the tantrums, most of the time she's lovely - we're getting close to the end of our Lenten prayer chain and she and John Paul have started leading the prayers which is adooooooorable!  They're still pretty formulaic, but last night she was praying, "God, please bless Father Andrew with...  Please help him be a good pwiest for his people, and...  Please help him be healthy and...  Please...  Help him be healthy...  And please bless him wif love.  And John Paul, what do you want God to bless him wif?"

Adorable.  I about died at that last line, where she just parroted what Andrew and I say during these prayers!

--5--

John Paul found Andrew's Jerome Biblical Commentary today (an old hardcover, not the edition in the Amazon link) and just about died of excitement...  A BIG book!  Maps!  All the facts!

He's just. So. Strange.  Whenever Kelly gets around to writing her list of:

Differentialequations

Well, I can tell you one 4-year-old who will ABSOLUTELY choose those books over video games.

Nerd.

Big nerd.

But you knew that.

--6--

This week's posts:


Growing Up (my kids are weird...  REALLY weird...)

Is that it?  Well, I got the skirts on the Easter dresses sewn AND the bodices are halfway done...  Productivity and blogging don't exactly go hand-in-hand!

--7--

Not all the daffodils have been picked by the kids...  They've actually been doing a halfway decent job leaving them alone, and Cecilia knows she's allowed to pick any and all dandelions and wildflowers she sees growing, so she usually comes in every afternoon with a handful of wildflowers clutched in her chubby little grip so that she can give them to Mary whenever we go to church next.  Maybe this will be the year we get an outdoor statue and plant our own Mary garden?  I know Cecilia would love love LOVE it...  Any suggestions for statues?  

Today I let her pick ONE daffodil.  She took that to mean 4.  Close enough.


Check out more Quick Takes at Jen's (and convince her to make my house a stop on her DC tour)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan