Theme Thursday

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Okay, this week I'm taking Cari's challenge and photographing things rather than...  Well, my children.  Because really, we bought the nice camera just to get awesome pictures of them!

I figured I'd just skip this week because normally I take pictures while sitting on the couch and nursing a baby or two (last week I took the picture AND wrote the blog post while nursing both babies!).  Then I got to put both babies down for a couple of minutes, so I opened the window & screen (going outside absolutely would have woken them up...) and tried taking some pictures of our poor bare crepe myrtle:

 First I tried focusing on the branch nearest to the window

 Then I thought I would focus on the tree behind the branch, but that just looked like there was a weird blur in the foreground, and I wasn't getting as much contrast as I wanted.

 So I put the aperture on its lowest setting (f 5.6 I think?) but it was a little too over-exposed.
 
And this was my last try, since the lens wouldn't zoom any more and Cecilia was trying to jump out the window!

9 comments:

  1. Crepe Myrtles. I miss them! I love the one with the dead seed pods...? I don't think crepe myrtles propagate through seed, so I don't know what those dried up flower bulbs are, but I love them against the sky like that.

    Thanks for linking up! Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what they are either, they always confuse me :/

      Delete
  2. Dwija says the theme is trees and leaves! I can't imagine why you didn't quote your great-grandfather:

    I think that I shall never see
    A poem lovely as a tree . . .

    Etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first one the most. Something about the blue sky blurred in the background....lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just feels so busy with all the other branches... What I really needed was a better angle, but I was a little limited!

      Delete
  4. These are taken from a window?! After just nursing 2 babies? WOW! You have skills! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! These challenges are definitely a good motivator to learn how to *do* stuff on this new camera!

      Delete
  5. Bahahahaha you are like a nursing ninja or something!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan