Snow... In October? In Virginia???

Saturday, October 29, 2011


Yes, we had the first snow of the year today.  Apparently there was actual accumulation in many parts of the East Coast.


No real accumulation here - it was pretty slushy, but John Paul was pretty excited to see the huge snowflakes!  He didn't want to get in the car at all, he just wanted to wander around looking at all the snow.  I'm looking forward to actual snow, because he can play on his own on the patio for a while and Cecilia and I won't have to stand out in the cold when we don't want to...


What better snowy day activity than baking bread?  I seriously love our bread machine - I don't like the funny square loaves it bakes, so I mostly just use it to make the dough and then I bake it in the oven.  That way I get pretty loaves but I don't have to knead it myself.  This is a modified version of Amish White Bread - I halved the recipe and used a cup of whole wheat flour to replace one of the cups of bread flour.  I think this is about as close to whole wheat as I can go.  Still tastes exactly like Great Harvest, but at a fraction of the price!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan